Antolini Valpolicella Ripasso DOC
Alcohol 14 %
Grape: Corvina, Corvinone and Rondinella.
• winemaking method: fresh grapes are pressed in a de-stemming winepress followed by a 7- day fermentation in steel containers at an automatically controlled temperature and with indigenous yeasts. In February, that
year’s wine is fermented a second time with the marcs (leftover skins etc) of the dried Amarone and Reciotto grapes, for 5/7 days.
• aging: the wine is put to age in oak barrels and for a short time in cherry wood barrels for 12 months. Then it is put to age in bottles for a further 3/6 months.
• colour: vibrant, ruby red.
• bouquet: a complex aroma of red fruits, such as raspberry, cherry and morello cherry evolves into a spicier bouquet of vanilla andcloves.
• flavour: a crisp, tannin flavour coats the palate in a gentle warmth leaving a pleasant, dry after taste.
• serve at: 18° C.
• ideal with: rich first courses, red meats and slightly mature cheese. Perfect with lasagna.