Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon and Croatina.
Origin of vineyards
• location: Valpolicella Classica, the towns of
Marano di Valpolicella, San Pietro in Cariano
• altitude: from 150 to 350 metres above sea
• soil type: clay soil, tuffaceous and limey.
• vine growing method: double Veronese pergola
• date of vine planting: from 1999 to 2000.
• cultivation: vineyards are naturally and completely
grassed over, mechanical mowing
among the vines, no irrigation, no chemical
fertilizers, pesticide free pheromones and
sexual confusion to combat the Tignola (leaf
• period: second half of September.
• method: exclusively manual.
• withering: 40/50 days.
• winemaking method: slightly withered grapes
are pressed in a de-stemming winepress and
then left to macerate at a cold temperature
for 6/8 days followed by a 15-day fermentation
in steel containers at an automatically
controlled temperature and with indigenous
• aging: 12 months in oak barrels and then 3/6
months in bottles.
• annual production: 3000/4000 bottles.
• bottle: 750 ml Burgundy bottle.
• cork: microgranulated cork.
• colour: bright, ruby red.
• bouquet: full bodied and well defined.
• flavour: refined, intense, full-bodied.
• serve at: 18° C.
• ideal with: most foods but is perfect with